FMT Equine Kinesiology TapingLearn to tape advanced equine applications on animals from experts.
FMT Equine addresses functional kinesiology taping methods to reduce or control pain, manage swelling or edema, increase joint range of motion, improve muscle function; and maintain a level of functionality and comfort for the horse throughout the rehabilitation process. Taping applications to maintain functionality and comfort in training and assist with recovery will be explored as a means to facilitating overall soundness in the equine athlete. FMT Equine taping techniques utilize “longitudinal anatomy”, or a “movement patterns” concept as a means of connecting the brain to the body’s uninterrupted fascial web in order to enhance rehab and athletic performance via cutaneous (skin), and hair follicle stimulation.
This 10-hour certification course is intended for Veterinarians, Vet Techs, Osteopathic Physicians, Equine Chiropractors, Equine Physical Therapists, Equine Massage Therapists/BodyWorkers and Equine trainers. with all levels of experience with taping. All supplies needed for the course are provided. There is a 2 hour online FMT EQUINE prerequisite before taking the 8 hour FMT EQUINE live course.
Register for a class now!
RockTape will supply tape, scissors and movement assessment equipment needed for the course. This class is designed to address the most common applications and includes theory and applications for rehab and sports performance. The class is intended for those with no or little exposure to taping.
All class supplies are provided. Please wear appropriate clothing, as you’ll be taping each other extensively throughout the day.
RockTape Equine Courses
Click on a link to learn more and register for a course.
Use code “FMT50” for $50 off the Online Only portion and “FMT75” for $75 off the online plus any one of the onsite locations when purchased together!
An online-only course is also available form Northeast Seminars. View the details of our interactive online equine kinesiology taping course here.
- RockTape FMT Equine Taping – Live Session: Camden, SC (December 11, 2016)
- RockTape FMT Equine Taping – Live Session: Norco, CA (January 21, 2017)
- RockTape FMT Equine Taping – Live Session: Ocala, FL (January 28, 2017)
- RockTape FMT Equine Taping – Live Session: Bakersfield, CA (March 25, 2017)
- RockTape FMT Equine Taping – Live Session: Wellington, FL (April 8, 2017)
- RockTape FMT Equine Taping – Live Session: Iowa State Vet School – Ames, IA (April 15, 2017)
- RockTape FMT Equine Taping – Live Session: Morrisville State College Equine Rehabilitation Center – Morrisville, NY (June 3, 2017)
- RockTape FMT Equine Taping – Live Session: Icon Sporthorses – Friendsville, TN (July 17, 2017)
All RockTape Equine Courses are hosted by Northeast Seminars.
Education Objectives of FMT Equine
At the conclusion of the course, attendees will be able to:
- Understand the physiological effects of kinesiology taping in both human and equine populations.
- Master functional taping applications and understand their role in pain mitigation, rehabilitation, edema management of movement dysfunctions in the equine population
- Introduce the concept of a longitudinal muscle chain approach to the elastic therapeutic taping and a myofascial sequencing model of “Taping movements, not muscles.”